Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hubby's quilt

It's done!!!! I finished the last of the quilting on Saturday!!

So here it is, my hubby's 40th birthday quilt. I'm really proud of it. It is the largest quilt I have ever made (queen bed size). The coloured centre and strip are all tied rather than quilted. The thin dark border has 2 rows of quilting, and the large strip 4 (as you can see). The only thing left is the label which I will put on closer to his birthday in January.

Now I'm onto 2 panel cot quilts that I am making for some friends as well as some fabric baskets for Xmas. More photos soon........

5 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

It is a real mans quilt Voni and you have done a fabulous job :)

Unknown said...

Really beautiful work Voni well done (can you make me one )Clare's Craftroom

Derriere said...

That is FABTASTIC Voni I love it!
Did you use your stash ? or buy some ? what is that lovely border print?
It looks really really great ! He will love it ! Super job !

Allison's Page said...

that is amazing, i love it. Well done Voni

princess pudge said...

i agree, it's stunning, i can't believe it's hand quilted, you're mad woman (yes i'm envious, hand quilting escapes me ..) if he doesn't love it, i know it'll look perfect on MY bed ;)